Doctor of Wellness
Doctor Dr Firoz Kazhungil
Dr Firoz Kazhungil
Psychiatry & Psychology
- MD in Psychiatry from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India (2012)
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Kozhikode, Kerala, India (2006)
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Government Medical College, Kozhikode, Kerala, India (2017-2018)
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Government Medical College, Manjeri, Kerala, India (2015-2016)
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at MES Medical College, Kerala, India (2012-2014)
- Depressive Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Adolescent Psychiatry, Neuropsychology, Psychotherapy
Awards and Honours
- Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) 2018.
- Young Psychiatrist Fellowship of World Congress of Psychiatry, Berlin, Germany, 2017
- Young Investigator Award of World Congress of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen, Denmark., 2017
- Foreign Travel Grant of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, 2017
- Young Psychiatrist Track Award of World Congress of Social Psychiatry, New Delhi, India, 2016
- Fellowship of Dr Ramachandra N Moorthy Foundation for Mental Health and Neurological Sciences, 2016
- Travel Award of World Congress of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Seoul, Korea, 2015.
- Best free paper award of Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Kerala, India, 2015
- Best paper award of Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Kerala, India, 2014
- Third rank in the MD psychiatry entrance examination of NIMHANS, Bangalore, India 2009
- Krishnan LT, Subramoniam V, Kazhungil F, Tharayil HM. Post dengue mania: A case series. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2019;61:100-1
- Madathumkovilakath NB, Kizhakkeppattu S, Thekekunnath S, Kazhungil F. Coping strategies of caregivers towards aggressive behaviors of persons with severe mental illness. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2018 Apr 24; 35:29-33
- Ayirolimeethal A, Kazhungil F, Kunhikoyamu AM, Ravikumar V. Psychiatric morbidity in chronic low back pain - A cross-sectional study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Jul;12(7): VC07-VC11
- Kattukulathill S, Cholakottil A, Kazhungil F, Kottelassal A, Thovarayi R, Narippatta MS. Psychiatric comorbidity in patients with opioid dependence. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare. 2018; 5(8):714-718.
- Kazhungil F, Cholakottil A, Kattukulathil S, Kottelassal A, Vazhakalayil R. Clinical and familial profile of bipolar disorder with and without obsessive-compulsive disorder: an Indian study. Trends in Psychiatry Psychotherapy. 2017; 39(4):270-275.
- Kazhungil F, Kumar KJ, Viswanath B, Shankar RG, Kandavel T, Math SB, Venkatasubramanian G, Reddy YCJ. Neuropsychological profile of schizophrenia with and without obsessive compulsive disorder. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017 Oct; 29:30-34.
- Kazhungil F, Mohandas E. Management of obsessive compulsive disorder comorbid with bipolar disorder. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2016 Jul-Sep; 58(3):259-269.
- Kazhungil F, Velayudhan R, Kumar M, Thazhe Mangool R. A comparative study of caregiver burden in late-onset depression and Alzheimer’s disease. Psychogeriatrics. 2016 May; 16(3):209-15.
- Rajmohan V, Asfia K, Nideesh S, Manoj K, Kazhungil F, Thazhe MR. Fetishistic transvestism in a patient with mental retardation and psychosis. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 2014 Apr-Jun; 36(2): 198–200.
- Kazhungil F, Asfia K, Rajmohan V, Manoj Kumar, Raghuram TM. Mania induced by opipramol. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 2015; 37:96-8..
- Kazhungil F, Haveri SP, Mohan MC, Velayudhan R, Sukumar R. Cognitive functions in sub clinical hypothyroidism – a systematic review and metaanalysis. Annals Medicus 2015; 2(3):331-339
- Kazhungil F. Evidence based medicine in psychiatry. Annals Medicus 2015; 2 Suppl. 1-3.
- Ghafoor PAF, Kazhungil F, Premlal L, Muraleedharan S, Kumar GM, V Rajmohan, TM Raghuram. Attention and executive functions of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry 2015;28(2). 135-9.
- Kazhungil F, Nidheesh Sankar V, Rajmohan V, Manoj Kumar G, Raghuram TM. Treatment of fetishism with naltrexone - A case report. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2014 Apr; 8:67-8.